Assistant / Trainee Groundsman @ Hednesford Town FC
Hednesford Town FC are advertising a new opportunity to take a new volunteer, who wishes to learn all about agronomy. This exciting opportunity, would take up a few hours a week, and in return the selected candidate would learn the following aspects from one
of the best in the business:
* Assisting in the preparation of the pitch to a high standard.
* Ensuring the pitch is maintained to the standard set out by the head grounds person.
* Soil Cultivation, digging, forking, devoting, raking, weeding, seed, sowing, seed bed preparation.
* Driving tractor & mower equipment.
* Carrying out minor repairs to the machinery and equipment.
* Ensuring the security of all departmental vehicles, tools, machinery and equipment.
* Maintaining the garage and machinery storage, creating a clean and safe environment.
* Maintaining the grounds to ensure paths and drives are clear of litter, snow & ice etc with support from additional staff.
* Duties will include lifting and manual handling. * Time keeping and reliability are essential.
* The selected candidate will be on their feet most of the time.
The selected candidate will receive onsite tuition and practical training. This may also lead to external college education to gain a qualification in turf and sports grounds maintenance.
It will be necessary for the selected candidate to be onsite on matchdays to assist in the final treatments and preparation in producing the highest quality playing surface possible, followed by post-match treatments. This is approximately 7 hours (Normally either a Tuesday evening or Saturday afternoon), but is subject to change accordingly to
weather and pitch requirements.
As a volunteer role, this role will effectively teach you to become a head groundsman, and will come with other benefits which will be offered by the club as a way of saying thank you. This will include two free season tickets and invitation to the staff and volunteer Christmas party to name but a few benefits.
If you wish to discuss the post further please send CV applications to Terry McMahon on firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will then be interviewed by David Bates (Head Grounds Person at Hednesford Town Football Club) prior to the appointment of the position.